First Visit Guide
What To Bring To Your Visits:
- Driver’s License or a valid ID
- Insurance Card
- Imaging Reports
- A CD Disc with any previous X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, etc.
- Note: If you have had any type of imaging done at another facility and have asked for the imaging to be sent to our office, please still get a physical copy of the imaging on a CD disc and bring with you to your appointment. Many times, the imaging does not get to our office in time for your appointment when being sent by another facility.
- List of medications (if any)
- Referral Letter (if required)
During Your Visit:
During your visit with Dr. Tashjian, he will review your medical history, symptoms, imaging, and will do a physical examination. Once a diagnosis is made, he will talk to you about the best options for treatment, which may or may not be surgery. If it is determined surgery is the best course for you, our surgical coordinator will meet with you to set up a surgery date and will review any pre-surgical information and instructions for your scheduled surgery.
If you have any of the below symptoms or conditions, please let our team know ASAP as these issues may affect your recovery and/or procedure being cancelled the day of surgery.
- Severe cough, respiratory virus, cold, flu, sinus infection, etc. within 8 weeks prior to surgery
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) and/or taking antibiotics for any reason within 8 weeks prior to surgery
- Any abrasions, scratches, acne, bumps, etc on the surgical site (shoulder or elbow)
- Heart issues (past or present) including coronary bypass, stent placement, atrial fibrillation (afib), etc.
- Lung/pulmonary issues including asthma/COPD/sleep apnea
- Diabetes and/or kidney problems, or history of stroke (CVA)
- Taking major blood thinners (Coumadin, Plavix, Pradaxa, Xarelto, Eliquis) or history of a blood clot/PE/DVT
- Rheumatoid Arthritis medications (may or may not need to be stopped for 2-4 weeks prior to surgery)
Please contact your insurance company before your appointment to verify coverage and to ensure you will not have any surprise out-of-network charges. When verifying coverage, please do so for BOTH the facility & doctor. Your insurance company may ask you for our Facility NPI: 1588656870 and our facility name and address. Regardless of the location of your appointment or surgery, please let them know all services are billed to University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics at 50 North Medical Dr, SLC, UT 84132.